Wednesday 31 July 2019

PAS2035 will this be forced upon all boiler changes





Most might of seen the recent articles regarding PAS2035 this has been brought in for Government eco grant system projects, but what is it, well in my personal opinion it's just unnecessary bureaucracy, all it does is create more people in line who want money from a simple boiler change for doing very little to nothing, I see no benefits to either the installer or the homeowner in this PAS2035, in fact the installer probably comes off worse, as the cream has been taking as it passes through the chain and very little is left for the essential part of the job, the actual installation of the boiler, now I am not involved in this eco work but from others I have spoken to who end up either servicing or repairing boilers that were installed under eco scheme, they say the installation is not of a very good standard, this is probably because the installer does not have the money in place to do a good job, in my opinion and that of many other installers, to do a good job on a boiler change, it often takes more than one day, if all works are carried out properly.

So I suppose you're wondering, well, if you don't do eco work, why should PAS2035 concern you?, well my problem is, I see this creeping into all boiler changes at some point and I think this is their aim,  I would see this as a disaster for our industry.

Where has PAS2035 come from, its from a bunch of certification bodies, so not industry, and why would they do this, well in my opinion, its money, nothing more, I see no benefit to anyone, maybe they could try and explain to us installers how it would benefit anyone, homeowner or installers, from another article I have seen the figure of 6,000 boilers a day are replaced in the UK, now most of these are handled by sole traders and SME's I should imagine, and the majority are dealt with quickly and if the boiler exchange was a a distress change, where the boiler has broken down and not repairable, its changed quickly, so the customer is least inconvenienced and has their heating back on, with this PAS2035 the process would take much longer, so leaving homeowners cold

As an installer , I don't want this creeping in to our everyday jobs changing boilers and with conversations with other installers no one else does, we must nip this in the bud before they even consider extending this scheme, so we need to stand together as an industry and say, enough is enough, our industry has been milked for far to long.

What we need to do is contact our local MP's and let them know we will not except this infringement on our ability to work, a contact on Twitter has said they will share a template letter that installers can use to send to their MP, as soon as I have this I will add it here, I just thought I would get the word out ASAP so we can start spreading the message, just so you know I am not just making this up, here is a recent article about it in Installer magazine https://www.installeronline.co.uk/pas-2035-ill-pass-says-worcester-bosch-groups-neil-schofield/

So let's start a discussion and get the message out to as many installers as possible, we need at least 10,000 installers to contact their MP to show we are not happy about this

You can find your local MP HERE and isa link to a template letter to your MP should you wish to use it can be found HERE

Thank You for Reading

2 Comments:

At 31 July 2019 at 17:32 , Blogger Mike Walton said...

Well said Chris. Another load of unnecessary bureaucracy.

 
At 31 July 2019 at 17:46 , Blogger Vietec Heating Ltd said...

Yes, it's really starting to get ridiculous now, why is the heating industry seen as some sort of cash cow all the time

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home